Cristiano Ronaldo will not face charges over 2009 Las Vegas rape allegation - Sport - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

in dlike •  last year 

Shared From Dlike

Prosecutors say Portuguese football star Cristiano Ronaldo will face no charges in Las Vegas in connection with a 10-year-old sexual assault allegation because the case cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

The woman and Ronaldo reached a civil settlement in 2010 and law enforcement did not hear again from her until August 28, 2018, when she asked police to reopen the investigation.

She said Ronaldo was the person who sexually assaulted her, prosecutors said.

"Based upon a review of the information presented at this time, the allegations of sexual assault against Cristiano Ronaldo cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt," the District Attorney's Office said in a statement.


Source of shared Link

Authors get paid when people like you upvote their post.
If you enjoyed what you read here, create your account today and start earning FREE STEEM!