WHO IS A SINGLE?
A single is an unmarried person, especially someone who is young and socially active. I am not referring to those who are socially and economically inactive in the society, I am interested in you that is seated before me and those watching us on TV.
- You are educationally active
- You are economically
- You are socially active and
- You should be spiritually active
Some of you are students, or corpers, or are gainfully employed, or doing your personal businesses. At this level of your life, you may not be staying with parents or guardians anymore, meaning that you are the one paying your bills, or even taking care of your parents and siblings. This is a critical period in your life and must be carefully handled in other to land on your desired future. My assignment here is to introduce you to some principles that should guide you as a road map to glorious future.
This is an essential vehicle that drives relationships, it deficiency can be dangerous. Peter 3:1-7, Romans 5:8, Proverbs 1:8-11. Makeups are not the real deal but you are expected to show humility.
Humility is the quality of being humble. Dictionary definitions accentuate humility as a low self-regard and sense of unworthiness. In a religious context humility can mean recognition of self in relation to God. When you feel unworthy of all your achievement, feats, accomplishments, success and firm, then there is a sense of humility in you.
So many of us are not contented with what we have, most ladies are guilty of this. Don't stretch your hands forward things that are out of your reach. Excessive demands of a lady can scare away a potential husband. Youths should engage themselves in various businesses and entrepreneurship, don't wait for someone to foot your bills, James 4:1-5.
Contentment is a mental or emotional state of satisfaction maybe drawn from being at ease in one's situation, body and mind. Colloquially speaking, contentment could be astate of having accepted one's situation and is a milder and more tentative form of happiness.
Contentment is a mental or emotional state of satisfaction, it maybe drawn from being at ease in one's situation, body and mind. Colloquially speaking, contentment could be a state of having accepted one's situation and is a milder and more tentative form of happiness.
Where we have challenge as youths is the feeling of material inadequacy; where someone feels he/she has not acquired enough, or ought to have had certain things at a particular time. This particular feeling is mostly seen among our male folks. The danger here is that it can lead to nursing of 'getting by all means', where one begins to consider another negative options of generating incomes such as: • Gambling: is the wagering of money or something of value on an event with an uncertain outcome, with the primary intent of winning money or material goods. Gambling thus requires three elements to be present: consideration, risk, and a prize. The danger here is loss savings, lack of investment, lack of concentration, it may lead to poverty.
• Dishonesty:It is used to describe a lack of probity, cheating, lying, or being deliberately deceptive or a lack in integrity, knavishness, perfidiosity, corruption or treacherousness. Here you see young people becoming insincere in all his dealings, the danger here is loss of respect and integrity.
• Bribery:This is the act of giving or receiving something of value in exchange for some kind of influence or action in return, that the recipient would otherwise not offer. Lack of contentment has caused many youths to involve themselves into bribery and corruption to earn more, buy flashy cars, fashion and change their status. The danger here is dismissal from active service, arrest and imprisonment.
• Prostitution:this is the business or practice of engaging in sexual activity in exchange for payment. Prostitution is sometimes described as sexual services, commercial sex or, colloquially, hooking. The danger here is loss of life to ritualists, acquisition of STDs, spiritual crippling and bondage.
• Armed robbery:this is a serious crime and can permanently traumatize its victims, both physically and psychologically. It tends to receive considerable media attention when it occurs, and it carries longer prison terms than other forms of robbery such as simple robbery (i.e., theft without a dangerous weapon).
• Fraudulence:this is the action or quality of cheating, lying, or deceiving someone. Fraudulence is telling lies or hoaxing people in some way to sale false information, eg scamming, online fraud(Yahoo), Ponzi schemes, etc.
Youths should be contented with what they have and stop being greedy as this is one of the predetermined factor hindering Sub African countries from growing economically.
When you offend someone learn to apologize to him/her. Most youths find it so difficult to say "I'm sorry". Romans 1:23-25.
This is a feeling of sadness and being sorry for something you have done. It is rather unfortunate to see that in our present generation, some young people are not civilized to tender apology whenever they are wrong. Many girls belief so much in their beauty, intelligence and knowledge that they have no sense of regret for any wrong doing. No matter the level of adrenaline flow during heat moments, someone is expected to find his/herself guilty and should be ready to apologize. Our young men should know that being a man does not make him a deity to be worshipped, hence desiring an unnecessary worshiped.
STAY TUNE as more principle will be shared in series.
alert single-hood @rhymzde